Sales Contract/Health Guarantee
Silver Poodles Ranch
Date of non refundable deposit:___________ Purchase price:__________
Deposit amount:____________ Deposit Made On____________
Gender:___________ DOB:___________ Color:_____________
Sire:____________________________ Dam: _______________________
My puppies are not an “industry”. Please know, any dog which I place in a new home will ALWAYS have a home here. If for some reason you are no longer able to care for your dog , please know I DO NOT want for – any reason – any puppy of mine to ever face being “given up” to a shelter, rescue or worse. I expect anyone purchasing a puppy from me to always know I’ll always have a place or find a forever home, for all of my puppies in case of need.
The purchaser agrees that this puppy will never be sold, leased or given to any pet shop, animal shelter or research lab. Should purchaser decide they no longer want the puppy/dog they are to notify the breeder immediately.
1. The purchaser agrees that this puppy will always receive PROMPT top-notch medical care.
A) Purchaser agrees to maintain this puppy in good health, provide routine and preventative veterinary health care including, but not limited to, periodic vaccinations, treatment for internal and external parasites and where indicated, heartworm prevention.
B) Purchaser further agrees to provide appropriate exercise and maintain the dog’s proper weight/physical condition. Poodles have to be well groomed for their entire life- hair cuts, brushing, bathing etc.
C) Purchaser agrees to abide by all laws and regulations as to registration and licensure of their pets with the local authorities. Most veterinarian offices can help you with the appropriate paperwork.
2. The purchaser has 2 weeks to have the pup vet checked, get their next set of vaccinations and exam for life threatening diseases/congenital defects affecting the pet life of the animals, if any are found, they must be documented in radiographs and lab reports together with a written report by a veterinarian. All costs for vet exams and treatment done are the purchaser’s responsibility. If the purchaser’s veterinarian finds that this puppy has a congenital defect that is life threatening and was unfit for purchase, the purchaser MUST meet the breeder at the same meeting place where delivery occurred so breeder can have puppy examined by a vet of their choice. If breeder’s veterinarian concurs with purchaser’s veterinarian, then purchaser has choice to either keep said pup with a purchase price refund (minus deposit) OR get a replacement pup. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BREEDER BE RESPONSIBLE FOR VETERINARY BILLS THAT PURCHASER HAS INCURRED.
3. Umbilical hernia’s, retained testicles, ear infections, cherry eye and food/air allergies are common. They are neither life threatening nor genetic, however some may be a breed specific issue. These minor issues are not covered by breeder. The Seller guarantees the puppy against fatal viruses for 72 hours. These include Distemper, Parvo, and Corona. It does not include Coccidia and Kennel Cough, which is self-limiting and must run its course with antibiotic treatment and is not life threatening. Our puppies will not be around any puppy with these diseases and will be de-wormed every 2 weeks. Worms can grow quickly and can not be guaranteed even with every precaution taken. We do our absolute best to make sure they do not have any but is thankfully easily treated.
If the puppy should die from a suspected congenital defect within 12 months of its birth date, an autopsy must be performed at the purchaser’s expense by a veterinarian. If the autopsy shows a congenital defect as the reason for death, the seller will provide another puppy of equal value to the purchaser or a full refund (minus deposit). A written statement from the licensed veterinarian must be provided with the Seller’s name and given to my veterinarian for proof. The guarantee is void in the event of an indeterminable or inconclusive diagnosis.
4. This contract is not transferable to a third party should purchaser sell or give the puppy to someone else.
5. This puppy is sold as “pet quality” but may have “show potential”. However, since puppies change as they mature, breeder cannot guarantee color, size or temperament after said puppy is in the care of the buyer.
A) Seller strongly recommends that purchaser attends obedience classes with puppy and continue to provide proper socialization opportunities.
B) Seller shall not be held responsible for acts of puppy which are due to purchaser’s negligence in properly socializing and/or failing to train their puppy.
C) Purchaser agrees that this puppy is NOT to be LEFT CHAINED UP IN A BACKYARD OR KEPT SOLELY IN A KENNEL FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME. This puppy is sold with the understanding that it is going to a loving family home and that purchaser avowed the puppy would become a member of the family. Even if you wish to breed the puppy, we expect a loving home and not a puppy mill.
6. If placed as a breeding dog, seller is not responsible for the bitches or sires ability to breed or the quality of pups or size of litters. It is buyer’s sole responsibility for bills incurred from breeding said dog.
Breeder does agree to abide by the state of Texas law governing the sale of dogs and cats and will give a 1 year health guarantee and promise that the animal be of CKC register-able quality for its breed and will come with transferable papers. The males all have qualified AKC papers and background which shows the good genetics but can not guarantee AKC will accept your puppy.
By signing this contract you agree to conditions as stated above. No refunds will be made due to owner neglect or injury caused after animal was purchased. Please- if you are struggling with the puppy- please give them back instead of letting harm come to them!
The purchaser authorizes breeder to take possession of puppy/dog from any humane society, rescue or private party that has found, caught or had relinquished to them the above animal. Breeder will then attempt to notify purchaser, if purchaser cannot be found or no longer wants said dog, the breeder is authorized to take full ownership. There will be no refunds given!
Purchaser agrees that he/she has read this contract and understands fully, will comply with the contract and that this contract is under jurisdiction of the state of Texas. It is agreed that the place of venue shall remain in McLennan County. Any court action shall be heard in the county of Waco, Texas. The purchaser understands and agrees to the terms of this contract,
Seller’s signature _______________________________________Date ____________
Buyer’s signature _______________________________________ Date ____________